Artifact rename

robeden
Hey guys -

Just a bit of feedback: the renaming of the GL artifact from "glazedlists_java15" to "glazedlists_java16" for 1.10 has been really annoying because it's preventing normal Gradle/Maven dependency resolution from working properly and we're ending up with multiple versions of GL in the classpath. I can obviously work around this, but can we not do that again or work towards not doing it again? I know the stage was set with the "glazedlists_java15" naming so not a new thing.

I propose we move to simply "glazedlists" and then people can see the version history for JDK requirements.

(Note: I would feel differently if they used different package spaces and could coexist... but I don't think we want this either.)

Re: Artifact rename

On Thu, Apr 20, 2017 at 11:26 AM, Rob Eden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey guys -

Just a bit of feedback: the renaming of the GL artifact from "glazedlists_java15" to "glazedlists_java16" for 1.10 has been really annoying because it's preventing normal Gradle/Maven dependency resolution from working properly and we're ending up with multiple versions of GL in the classpath. I can obviously work around this, but can we not do that again or work towards not doing it again? I know the stage was set with the "glazedlists_java15" naming so not a new thing.

I propose we move to simply "glazedlists" and then people can see the version history for JDK requirements.

+1

Ok. I'm fine with that decision, too.
We can apply that to the new Gradle build for 1.11 onwards.

Holger