Quantcast

Contradicting events error

Huy Do-4
Hi

I am using the DebugList and I get this error occasionally. How do I
enable "Contradicting events" ?

Thanks

Huy

Remove 0 undoes prior insert at the same index! Consider enabling
contradicting events. java.lang.IllegalStateException: Remove 0 undoes
prior insert at the same index! Consider enabling contradicting events.
 at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.Tree4Deltas.delete(Tree4Deltas.java:103)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$Tree4DeltasAssembler.addChange(ListEventAssembler.java:528)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.addChange(ListEventAssembler.java:150)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.addChange(ListEventAssembler.java:156)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.ListSelection$DeselectedChange.fireChange(ListSelection.java:1033)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.ListSelection$SourceListener.listChanged(ListSelection.java:255)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter$ListEventFormat.fire(ListEventAssembler.java:849)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter$ListEventFormat.fire(ListEventAssembler.java:841)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher$SubjectAndListener.firePendingEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:460)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:334)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:835)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:377)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
 at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changed(FilterList.java:395)
 at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcher(FilterList.java:266)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcherWithLocks(FilterList.java:247)
 at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.access$100(FilterList.java:45)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList$PrivateMatcherEditorListener.changedMatcher(FilterList.java:415)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChangedMatcher(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:101)
 at
ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChanged(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:63)
 at despatch.swing.eventlist.JobQuadrantMatcherEditor.filter(Unknown
Source)

Re: Contradicting events error

Jesse Wilson
Hey Huy ---

Looks like you've found a bug in Glazed Lists! The
code has changed a lot internally lately and I'm still
working out some of the problems, and unfortunately
you've stumbled upon one.

I apologize.

To work around the problem in the interim, you can
revert to the slower, more stable original implementation
of our ListEventPublisher class by adding this argument
on your Java command line:
  -DGlazedLists.ListEventPublisher=graphdependencies
ie. java -DGlazedLists.ListEventPublisher=graphdependencies -classpath
classes/ com.myCompany.myProject.Main

I'll look into this problem to see what's causing it and hopefully
I'll be able to find a fix promptly.

Cheers,
Jesse

On 7/17/06, Huy Do <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changed(FilterList.java:395)
>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcher(FilterList.java:266)
>  at
> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcherWithLocks(FilterList.java:247)
>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.access$100(FilterList.java:45)
>  at
> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList$PrivateMatcherEditorListener.changedMatcher(FilterList.java:415)
>  at
> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChangedMatcher(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:101)
>  at
> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChanged(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:63)
>  at despatch.swing.eventlist.JobQuadrantMatcherEditor.filter(Unknown

Hi Jessie,

Thanks for the work around.
You guys do have a day job right ? How quick can you answer support
queries ! It's amazing.

Thanks again,

Huy

> [...]
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
>>
>>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changed(FilterList.java:395)
>>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcher(FilterList.java:266)
>>  at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcherWithLocks(FilterList.java:247)
>>
>>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.access$100(FilterList.java:45)
>>  at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList$PrivateMatcherEditorListener.changedMatcher(FilterList.java:415)
>>
>>  at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChangedMatcher(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:101)
>>
>>  at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChanged(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:63)
>>
>>  at despatch.swing.eventlist.JobQuadrantMatcherEditor.filter(Unknown

Re: Re: Contradicting events error

Jesse Wilson
Hey Huy ---

This was a bug in my recent ListEventPublisher
revisions. I've created a test case that demonstrates
the problem and then I added a fix. It's something I
should have remembered to do, but forgot! I'm glad
you found the problem and reported it so promptly.

Please download the latest build and let me know
if the problem doesn't go away!
   http://tinyurl.com/nason

Cheers,
Jesse

On 7/18/06, Huy Do <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> >> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
> >>
> >>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changed(FilterList.java:395)
> >>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcher(FilterList.java:266)
> >>  at
> >> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcherWithLocks(FilterList.java:247)
> >>
> >>  at ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.access$100(FilterList.java:45)
> >>  at
> >> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList$PrivateMatcherEditorListener.changedMatcher(FilterList.java:415)
> >>
> >>  at
> >> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChangedMatcher(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:101)
> >>
> >>  at
> >> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChanged(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:63)
> >>
> >>  at despatch.swing.eventlist.JobQuadrantMatcherEditor.filter(Unknown

Thanks Jesse,

I will update and let you know if it comes up again.

Regards,

Huy

> [...]
>> >>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:334)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:835)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:377)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcher(FilterList.java:266)
>> >>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList.changeMatcherWithLocks(FilterList.java:247)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.FilterList$PrivateMatcherEditorListener.changedMatcher(FilterList.java:415)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChangedMatcher(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:101)

>> ca.odell.glazedlists.matchers.AbstractMatcherEditor.fireChanged(AbstractMatcherEditor.java:63)

epelene
Hi Jesse
Can you let me know in which version this bug was fixed in?
Peter