Glazed Lists 1.9.0 Released

We're pleased to announce that Glazed Lists 1.9.0 is generally available now.
Glazed Lists 1.9.0 is a stable maintenance release suitable for production use.
Please have a look at the release notes for the details.

I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this release.

Re: Glazed Lists 1.9.0 Released

Michael Heuer
On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Holger Brands
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> We're pleased to announce that Glazed Lists 1.9.0 is generally available now.
> Glazed Lists 1.9.0 is a stable maintenance release suitable for production use.
> Please have a look at the release notes for the details.

Hello Holger,

The release notes for 1.9.0 explain what was deprecated with
EventTableModel, EventSelectionModel, EventListModel, and
EventComboBoxModel but does not explain why.

Is there an issue describing these changes, or a thread on the mailing
list you might be able to point me to?

Thank you,

   michael

Re: Glazed Lists 1.9.0 Released

Hello Michael,

there are two issues related to this:
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLAZEDLISTS-465
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLAZEDLISTS-466

The old models automatically wrap the source list with a thread proxy list,
if the source list itself is not a proxy list.
The new models don't do this anymore.
This way, you have more control when and how to wrap the source list with a thread proxy list.
For example, you could use your own thread proxy list implementation if you need to.
This request for flexibility originally came from the Limewire guys on the mailing lists.

We chose to provide new models instead of changing the behaviour of the existing models
for backwards compatibility, so your existing code should still work.

The concurrency chapter of the tutorial also has some info about this topic:
http://www.glazedlists.com/documentation/tutorial

Hope this helps,
Holger