GlazedList 1.7 ConcurrentModificationException with PieChartExample

GlazedList 1.7 ConcurrentModificationException with PieChartExample

tmulle
Hi,

I just downloaded the GlazedList 1.7 jar for 1.5+ and tried to simply run the PieChartExample demo from the screencast and immediately got the exception below:

Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator.nextIndex(IdentityHashMap.java:711)
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:819)
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:814)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:342)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:855)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:389)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList.set(BasicEventList.java:190)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.impl.EventListIterator.set(EventListIterator.java:169)
        at PieChartExample.main(PieChartExample.java:101)

I tried changing the code in the main function that modifies the original "idols" list to using the  "swingEDTIdolsList" and still same issue..

Any ideas?

- Tim

Re: GlazedList 1.7 ConcurrentModificationException with PieChartExample

James Lemieux
Tim,

   I'm uncertain about the cause of the exception from GL 1.7, but I'd recommend moving up to the latest nightly build, which has no problems with the PIeChartExample. It can be found here:

https://glazedlists.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=3916&expandFolder=3916&folderID=0

Sorry about that,

James

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM, tmulle <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hi James,

I just tried the latest jar and still same thing... just letting you know..

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NullPointerException
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:310)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:767)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:416)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:249)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.impl.gui.ThreadProxyEventList$UpdateRunner.run(ThreadProxyEventList.java:226)
        at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:242)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:163)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:157)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:149)
        at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:110)
Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator.nextIndex(IdentityHashMap.java:711)
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:819)
        at java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:814)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:352)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:767)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:416)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:249)
        at ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList.set(BasicEventList.java:210)
        at PieChartExample.main(PieChartExample.java:112)

James Lemieux wrote

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM, tmulle <tmulle@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just downloaded the GlazedList 1.7 jar for 1.5+ and tried to simply run
> the PieChartExample demo from the screencast and immediately got the
> exception below:
>
> Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>        at
>
> java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator.nextIndex(IdentityHashMap.java:711)
>        at
> java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:819)
>        at
> java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:814)
>        at
>
> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:342)
>        at
>
> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:855)
>        at
>
> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:389)
>        at
>
> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
>        at ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList.set(BasicEventList.java:190)
>        at
> ca.odell.glazedlists.impl.EventListIterator.set(EventListIterator.java:169)
>        at PieChartExample.main(PieChartExample.java:101)
>
> I tried changing the code in the main function that modifies the original
> "idols" list to using the  "swingEDTIdolsList" and still same issue..
>
> Any ideas?
>
> - Tim

Re: GlazedList 1.7 ConcurrentModificationException with PieChartExample

James Lemieux
I'm not getting this exception. What does your environment look like?

I'm executing this on Windows XP with this version of java:

C:\temp\glazedlists>java -version
java version "1.6.0_10-beta"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_10-beta-b25)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 11.0-b12, mixed mode, sharing)

James Lemieux wrote:

> Tim,
>
>    I'm uncertain about the cause of the exception from GL 1.7, but I'd
> recommend moving up to the latest nightly build, which has no problems
> with
> the PIeChartExample. It can be found here:
>
> https://glazedlists.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=3916&expandFolder=3916&folderID=0
>
> Sorry about that,
>
> James
>
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 1:27 PM, tmulle <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> I just downloaded the GlazedList 1.7 jar for 1.5+ and tried to simply run
>> the PieChartExample demo from the screencast and immediately got the
>> exception below:
>>
>> Exception in thread "main" java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
>>        at
>>
>> java.util.IdentityHashMap$IdentityHashMapIterator.nextIndex(IdentityHashMap.java:711)
>>        at
>> java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:819)
>>        at
>> java.util.IdentityHashMap$EntryIterator.next(IdentityHashMap.java:814)
>>        at
>>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.fireEvent(SequenceDependenciesEventPublisher.java:342)
>>        at
>>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$ListSequencePublisherAdapter.fireEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:855)
>>        at
>>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler$AssemblerHelper.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:389)
>>        at
>>
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.event.ListEventAssembler.commitEvent(ListEventAssembler.java:226)
>>        at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.BasicEventList.set(BasicEventList.java:190)
>>        at
>> ca.odell.glazedlists.impl.EventListIterator.set(EventListIterator.java:169)
>>        at PieChartExample.main(PieChartExample.java:101)
>>
>> I tried changing the code in the main function that modifies the original
>> "idols" list to using the  "swingEDTIdolsList" and still same issue..
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> - Tim

Re: GlazedList 1.7 ConcurrentModificationException with PieChartExample

tmulle
Hi James,

Sorry, it works now. I recopied and pasted the example from the screencast and it works now. I'm using the latest jar from the link you sent.

Just an FYI my environment is Windows XP with java version:
java version "1.6.0_05"
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 10.0-b19, mixed mode, sharing)

Thanks again,
- Tim

James Lemieux wrote