Google Web Toolkit w/ Glazed Lists?

Jesse Wilson
I've been working with web stuff lately and I think
there may be some use cases for Glazed Lists.

Here's the premise:
 - we have a webpage that needs to load a lot of data
   from the backend for an HTML table of results. This
   webpage takes a long time to load because the data
   takes a long time to load.
 - with AJAX, we return the page immediately, and then
   stream the data as it arrives from the backend. The
   user experience improves.

This is a fairly sane strategy. But how to stream data
from the database code to the web without introducing
a whole bunch of interdependency between our data and
our display? Perhaps the solution is Glazed Lists.

If the data code has an EventList, it's a nice generic
data structure. Not specific to any display technology
so we're loose coupling, that's good.

If the display code reads an EventList, it's a nice generic
data structure. Not specific to any data persistence
technology, so we're loose coupling, that's good.

Basically the EventList is a pipe from the data to the
display. All we need to do is build a gigantic web table
that gets its data from an EventList.

Just thinking aloud here. I'll see if I can find some time
to build a proof-of-concept.

Cheers,
Jesse