Greater than filter not working

Dirk Fauth
Hi,

I'm a commiter in the NatTable project, that makes strong usage of GlazedLists.

I already had contact to Holger about the ThresholdMatcherEditor and a bug we found. He said that it will be fixed in 1.9 as stated here http://java.net/jira/browse/GLAZEDLISTS-515

In our forum a user posted that the greater than filter for regular expression filtering is not working.
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/448943/

greater than equals is working on the other hand. I tried to debug our code and also found out, like him, that the correct ThresholdMatcherEditor is created. I don't see why greater than isn't working.

Is this also related to the bug I linked above?

Any help is appreciated!

Greez,
Dirk

Re: Greater than filter not working

Dirk Fauth
Hi,

I double checked that behaviour with the Sourceforge version 2.3.2 of NatTable. With this version the greater than matcher works.

In that version we had a custom ThresholdMatcherEditor that mostly was the same than yours by fixing some bugs. As it was created before I joined the NatTable team, I don't know much about it. With the move to Eclipse we had to remove it (which is correct regarding intellectual property and updates of GlazedLists). But this also means the greater than matcher isn't working anymore. The user who reported this also checked that with a GlazedLists 1.9 and it seems to still exist.

I already attached the custom ThresholMatcherEditor we had back then in another post here http://glazedlists.1045722.n5.nabble.com/Wrong-List-API-implementation-for-TreeList-td5709779.html

Maybe this helps you in finding and solving that bug in the upcoming 1.9 release of GlazedLists.

If the bug is related to other code than GlazedLists, please let me know.

Greez,
Dirk

Re: Greater than filter not working

Hi Dirk,

I think the latest published snapshot is quite old. It does not include this commit for example:
http://java.net/projects/glazedlists/sources/svn/revision/2341

I'll let you know when I've published a new snapshot that contains the latest fixes, so that you can test your use case, ok?

If it will not fix your issue, a testcase would be great for us to look into.

Holger

2013/1/16 Dirk Fauth <[hidden email]>
[...]

I published a new snapshot for 1.9.
It's downloadable here:
http://java.net/projects/glazedlists/downloads/directory/latest_build
or here:
https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/net/java/dev/glazedlists/glazedlists_java15/1.9-SNAPSHOT/
of via Maven snapshot repo:
https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/
  • groupId: net.java.dev.glazedlists
  • artifactId: glazedlists_java15
  • version: 1.9-SNAPSHOT

Holger

2013/1/16 Holger Brands <[hidden email]>
[...]

Hi Holger,

the user that reported that bug in our forum tested the issue with the current snapshot version you provided and with this it seems to work. See here http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/448943/

Thank you for your help. Now we wait for the final release of 1.9 and a GlazedLists version that is available in Orbit for Eclipse dependency management. :)

Greez,
Dirk