Java.net Forge Closing

Bruce Alspaugh-2
I saw where Oracle posted an announcement on (https://home.java.net/)
that they will be closing the Java.net forge in the next 18-24 months.
It looks like kenai.com will be closing as well. I've pasted the
announcement below.

Where will GlazedLists be migrating?

Bruce
----------
September 25, 2015

Changes are coming to Java.net! In the coming months we will be
migrating our community content (editorial articles, blogs, forums) to
the Java community space. We're also working on a complete redesign of
that space and you should be seeing the results in early October.

If you have content in our blogs, articles, or forums, or if you've
joined in the last year, we will attempt to migrate your account into
the new platform. If you already have an Oracle account, please confirm
that your handle and email address agree on both platforms.

We will also be closing the forge in the next 18-24 months. We are
working on a process to allow project owners to take delivery of their
project assets and request a redirect to the new home of their choice.
Once we have that process in place, we will update this announcement and
notify project owners. From the date we have a process available to make
all project assets available to owners, the forge will continue to
operate normally for one year, to allow project owners ample time to
plan the migration of active projects.

While no other changes are being made to the forge at this time, we are
no longer accepting new projects. If you have questions please send them
to [hidden email].

Re: Java.net Forge Closing

robeden
Hi Bruce -

Code has already been migrated to GitHub. I think the only thing to move is the bug database. We talked about moving it too but decided to stay where we were at the time. I assume we'll move that to GitHub as well.

Rob

On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:49 PM Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

to [hidden email].

Re: Java.net Forge Closing

Bruce Alspaugh-2
HI Rob,

Will the email list archive be moving?

Bruce
On Tue, 2015-11-10 at 02:45 +0000, Rob Eden wrote:

> Hi Bruce -
>

> Code has already been migrated to GitHub. I think the only thing to
> move is the bug database. We talked about moving it too but decided to
> stay where we were at the time. I assume we'll move that to GitHub as
> well.
>

> Rob
>
> On Tue, Nov 3, 2015 at 1:49 PM Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>         I saw where Oracle posted an announcement on
>         (https://home.java.net/)
>         that they will be closing the Java.net forge in the next 18-24
>         months.
>         It looks like kenai.com will be closing as well. I've pasted
>         the
>         announcement below.
>
>         Where will GlazedLists be migrating?
>
>         Bruce
>         ----------
>         September 25, 2015
>
>         Changes are coming to Java.net! In the coming months we will
>         be
>         migrating our community content (editorial articles, blogs,
>         forums) to
>         the Java community space. We're also working on a complete
>         redesign of
>         that space and you should be seeing the results in early
>         October.
>
>         If you have content in our blogs, articles, or forums, or if
>         you've
>         joined in the last year, we will attempt to migrate your
>         account into
>         the new platform. If you already have an Oracle account,
>         please confirm
>         that your handle and email address agree on both platforms.
>
>         We will also be closing the forge in the next 18-24 months. We
>         are
>         working on a process to allow project owners to take delivery
>         of their
>         project assets and request a redirect to the new home of their
>         choice.
>         Once we have that process in place, we will update this
>         announcement and
>         notify project owners. From the date we have a process
>         available to make
>         all project assets available to owners, the forge will
>         continue to
>         operate normally for one year, to allow project owners ample
>         time to
>         plan the migration of active projects.
>
>         While no other changes are being made to the forge at this
>         time, we are
>         no longer accepting new projects. If you have questions please
>         send them
>         to [hidden email].

Re: Java.net Forge Closing

robeden
The archive is on nabble, so I don't think it needs to move, does it? As for the list itself, no idea.