Losing table row selection on sorted list when setting the EventList to autosort

Zaw

Losing table row selection on sorted list when setting the EventList to autosort

Zaw
Jesse,

As suggested in the FAQ, "How do I tell Glazed Lists that an Object in my EventList has been updated? ",
When I set the eventlist, row selection is disappeared. I have attached a sample CustomerBrowser.java file in case if I am doing something weired.
You have to sort the column that is changing. In my example, it is "number of orders". I generates the random number for the number of orders and update the eventlist every 5 seconds.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Zaw

CustomerBrowser.java (12K) Download Attachment

Re: Losing table row selection on sorted list when setting the EventList to autosort

James Lemieux
Zaw,

    I have some unfortunate news for you. This is a known bug in GlazedLists filed here:

    Without going to excrutiating depths, the solution involves some serious design work for us to incorporate the concept of a list element "moving positions" rather than being "deleted and inserted elsewhere." The difference is subtle, but manifests itself in our ability to preserve your selections.

The unofficial time we expect to get around to fixing this defect is probably a few months away at a minimum. Right now we are largely burdened with attempting to support generics as this is the hottest issue within the community at the moment. There is no known workaround for this case.

a very melancholy,

James.