Quantcast

MPL version

Rob Eden
Hi Devs -

Our license document is not clear about which version of the MPL GlazedLists falls under (and the URL is generic). Do we expect that to be 2.0? If so, I'll update the license file to clarify.

Re: MPL version

James Lemieux
I know we certainly started linking to the MPL before 2.0 existed, so it implies we've been shipping under 1.1. That said, I'll see if I can get Jesse to grace us with his e-presence and comment. :-)

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Rob Eden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs -

Our license document is not clear about which version of the MPL GlazedLists falls under (and the URL is generic). Do we expect that to be 2.0? If so, I'll update the license file to clarify.

Re: MPL version

Which license is better? I'm happy to license under whichever version you like.

On Jun 6, 2014 11:15 AM, "Rob Eden" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs -

Our license document is not clear about which version of the MPL GlazedLists falls under (and the URL is generic). Do we expect that to be 2.0? If so, I'll update the license file to clarify.

Re: MPL version

Rob Eden
Pretty sure it was the plate of doughnuts that did it.

Don't think I care between the two licenses. Raytheon considers them equivalent "risk-wise" and such. Version 2 is supposed to have "greater simplicity and better compatibility with other licenses" [https://www.mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/Revision-FAQ.html]. So, I guess I'd vote for that pending any concerns from others.

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 2:59 PM, James Lemieux <[hidden email]> wrote:
A wild Wilson appears!

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Rob Eden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Light the green flame, draw the circles, plate the doughnuts… we summon the e-presence of Jesse!

On June 6, 2014 at 2:52:55 PM, James Lemieux ([hidden email]) wrote:

I know we certainly started linking to the MPL before 2.0 existed, so it implies we've been shipping under 1.1. That said, I'll see if I can get Jesse to grace us with his e-presence and comment. :-)

On Fri, Jun 6, 2014 at 11:13 AM, Rob Eden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Devs -

Our license document is not clear about which version of the MPL GlazedLists falls under (and the URL is generic). Do we expect that to be 2.0? If so, I'll update the license file to clarify.

Re: MPL version

it's MPL 1.1.

I'm not a license expert, but it seems that MPL 2 is simpler and compatible with the Apache license.
I've nothing against moving to MPL 2 unless someone finds a blocking issue...