New Wiki

Rob Eden
Any chance we could get the link changed to point to the new wiki?
Clearing out the spam from the original one is getting a little old.

"Are the gods not just?"
"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"
                            - Till We Have Faces
                              C. S. Lewis

Re: New Wiki

James Lemieux
Roger that. I would have done it tonight but I'm still living in a hotel room and don't have access to my PC, which has the FTP account info on it.

I should be moving into my new place this weekend and can do it then.

James

On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Rob Eden <[hidden email]> wrote:
Any chance we could get the link changed to point to the new wiki? Clearing out the spam from the original one is getting a little old.

"Are the gods not just?"
"Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"
                          - Till We Have Faces
                            C. S. Lewis

Re: New Wiki

rednix
Hi all,

just realized again that I should visit the mailing list/nabble to get the latest information about the lib ... And found the link to the upcoming (mm.. let's say upcoming perchance ... ) - which is definately better to read than the old one flooded with spam.
If I look at the homepage right on top and see "August 10, 2006: Glazed Lists 1.7.0: source, jar, notes" it causes frowns. It's really time to update not even the page/wiki but the lib itself. Version 1.8 has been way to long in the works.
Today I was looking for the TreeList thing as it's shown in the screencast. I wonder why I didn't found the class in the jar till I found out that this feature is only available via the CVS... uuh... just found out that James mention this fact right in the beginning of his cast... . But hey - why not releasing the current status as a new public version? Even a intermediate version would do it.
The new TreeList feature is just great and works for me and I'm sure there are some other things that are ready for prime time, aren't it?

Regards,
rednix

Rob Eden wrote

On Aug 19, 2008, at 5:46 AM, "James Lemieux" <jplemieux@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Roger that. I would have done it tonight but I'm still living in a
> hotel room and don't have access to my PC, which has the FTP account
> info on it.
>
> I should be moving into my new place this weekend and can do it then.
>
> James
>
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Rob Eden <rob@starlight-
> systems.com> wrote:
> Any chance we could get the link changed to point to the new wiki?
> Clearing out the spam from the original one is getting a little old.
>
> Rob
>
> --
>
> "Are the gods not just?"
> "Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"
>                           - Till We Have Faces
>                             C. S. Lewis

Re: New Wiki

James Lemieux
The main page of http://publicobject.com/glazedlists now links to the new google site for our wiki needs. Specifically these links required updating:

- the Wiki hyperlink
- the Tutorial hyperlink
- the FAQ hyperlink
- the Release Archive hyperlink

Now that it looks like we'll remain spam-free I'll be a bit more motivated to put up new content. I especially like the "Recent Site Activity" area that Google Sites provides.... it's a nice way to find new changes. In a similar vein, does anyone know if it is possible to syndicate a Google Site using RSS? That seems useful...

James

On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM, rednix <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi all,

just realized again that I should visit the mailing list/nabble to get the
latest information about the lib ... And found the link to the upcoming
(mm.. let's say upcoming perchance ... :wistle:) - which is definately

Rob Eden wrote:

> Sounds great. Thanks, James and good luck with the move!
>
> Rob
>
> On Aug 19, 2008, at 5:46 AM, "James Lemieux" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> Roger that. I would have done it tonight but I'm still living in a
>> hotel room and don't have access to my PC, which has the FTP account
>> info on it.
>>
>> I should be moving into my new place this weekend and can do it then.
>>
>> James
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 7:25 AM, Rob Eden <rob@starlight-
>> systems.com> wrote:
>> Any chance we could get the link changed to point to the new wiki?
>> Clearing out the spam from the original one is getting a little old.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>> --
>>
>> "Are the gods not just?"
>> "Oh no, child. What would become of us if they were?"
>>                           - Till We Have Faces
>>                             C. S. Lewis

Re: New Wiki

Hi James,

thanks for updating the main site.
Regarding the RSS feed, you can vote for it here, I think:
http://www.google.com/support/sites/bin/request.py?contact_type=suggest&hl=en

I've generified the tutorial code and made some minor updates, so it'll run
with the latest GL version.
Next, I'll update the tutorial itself to reflect these changes.

I'm thinking about providing and integrating the tutorial as a Google Doc.
This would also allow us to export it as PDF for inclusion into the
downloadable tutorial zip. In addition, there are more formatting options available
(custom css for example).

Does anybody know how to automatically generate a table of contents from the
headings of a Google Doc?
That's the only thing that bothers me. If it's not possible, I could still create
links to the chapters manually...

WDYT?

Holger