Please test Glazed Lists 1.9 release candidate

Please test Glazed Lists 1.9 release candidate

Hello friends of Glazed Lists,

it's time to prepare and release version 1.9, which is mainly a maintenance and bugfix release with the following exceptions:

A) we dropped Java 1.4 support, Glazed Lists 1.9 is built against Java 1.5

B) we deprecated the existing Swing and SWT model adapters and introduced new ones which do not wrap the source list in a thread proxy list anymore.

You now have the flexibility to provide your own (implementation of) thread proxy list or use convenience factory methods for preserving the old behaviour.
For example, instead of using
new EventTableModel(sourceList, tableFormat)
you would achieve the same behaviour with
GlazedListsSwing#eventTableModelWithThreadProxyList(sourceList, tableFormat).
Whereas
GlazedListsSwing#eventTableModel(sourceList, tableFormat)
would not wrap the source list in a thread proxy list, so you would provide that yourself.

C) the SWT extension is now independent of JFace
In particular, usage of JFace ILabelProvider has been replaced with a new interface ca.odell.glazedlists.swt.ItemFormat

Please see the upgrade notes here:
http://www.glazedlists.com/documentation/upgrade-from-18-to-19

The list of resolved issues is here:
http://java.net/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+GLAZEDLISTS+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%221.9.0%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

Please test the current snapshot of Glazed Lists and report found issues and regressions to this list or the issue tracker here:
http://java.net/jira/browse/GLAZEDLISTS

Download here:
http://java.net/projects/glazedlists/downloads/directory/latest_build
or use via Maven snapshot repository:

https://maven.java.net/content/repositories/snapshots/
  • groupId: net.java.dev.glazedlists
  • artifactId: glazedlists_java15
  • version: 1.9-SNAPSHOT
If no serious regressions are found, expect the new release in a few weeks.

Re: Please test Glazed Lists 1.9 release candidate

Niklas Kyster Rasmussen
That is great news!

I would really love to see all the bug fixes.
However, the "resolved issues"-link does not work for me...

Thank you for continue working on glazed lists.
I use glazed list in almost all my projects...
Once you're hook you cannot do without it. :)

-Niklas

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 2:51 PM, Holger Brands <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Niklas,

do you have a java.net account?
Does the link work when you're logged in?

Holger