Re: Announcing Glazed Lists 1.8

Rob Eden
Yay! Thanks, guys!

Rob

On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Jesse Wilson wrote:

Glaziers,

Finally, at long last,
Glazed Lists 1.8 has been officially released after 2.5 years. We understand it was a long time coming and we hope you think it was worth the wait.

... snip ...

Re: Announcing Glazed Lists 1.8

Danilo Tuler-2
Hi,

Thanks for the release!!

I noticed a 38% jar size increase in this release.
From 609,096 bytes to 838,837 bytes.

Any idea where does this come from?
I use GL in an applet, and size does matter.

Do you consider splitting up GL in several jars in future releases?
I see a logical separation: core, swing, swt, jfreechart,
nachocalendar, migrationkit, hibernate.
I know the development team may not be maven-friendly, but it would
help a lot in this process.

Thanks,
Danilo

2009/1/26 Rob Eden <[hidden email]>:

> Yay! Thanks, guys!
> Rob
> On Jan 26, 2009, at 2:01 AM, Jesse Wilson wrote:
>
> Glaziers,
>
> Finally, at long last, Glazed Lists 1.8 has been officially released after
> 2.5 years. We understand it was a long time coming and we hope you think it
> was worth the wait.
>
> ... snip ...

Re: Announcing Glazed Lists 1.8

Jesse Wilson
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 9:05 AM, Danilo Tuler <[hidden email]> wrote:
I use GL in an applet, and size does matter.

If .jar size is significant, you should use ProGuard, JarJar, or even Ant:

Slicing and dicing Glazed Lists into independent jars is a labour-intensive job that makes it more work to take advantage of our extensions. I'd rather you just use an automated tool to shrink the .jar to suit your project perfectly.