Re: Re: a polite request

Jesse Wilson
Hey Holger ---

Getting Ant to generate Maven bundles and upload
such bundles to ibiblio is long overdue. If you're up
for the task, I would love to see this complete. It's
a critical feature for a lot of our users. Since you've
already used Maven, it seems like a perfect match.

As for the tutorial, it's sorely out of date. It's supposed
to compliment the screencasts, but lately it hasn't
seen much attention at all. Any effort you put into the
tutorial will be appreciated. The tutorial HTML and PDF
are generated from a docbook XML file that currently
lives only on my private svn repository. I've attached
that file to this email. Perhaps I'll make my subversion
repository available for yourself and James to access
on publicobject.com, so you can put non-source things
like documentation in a safe place.

And finally - code - James is working on planning how
we're going to do tree stuff. He's going to be working on
APIs, datastructures and implementation of trees for
the next couple of weeks and I really think he's probably
benefit from collaboration with yourself.

If there's any other features you're interested in, I'd love
to hear some fresh ideas!

Cheers,
Jesse

docbook.zip (57K) Download Attachment