Re: Tutorial update

Holger
I just updated the zip with the official GL 1.8.0 jar and
fixed the small compatibility issue (TransformedList.isWritable()).

I also invited you, Jesse and Rob as editor for the tutorial doc.

Holger

>Nice changes Holger.
>
> I downloaded the zip, created IDEA project files and run targets for
> each chapter, and replaced the existing tutorial zip with a new one
> that is IDEA-ready.
>
> I particularly like the chapter organization now.
>
> Good idea with the Google Doc too...
>
> James
>
> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Holger Brands <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> I did a small update to the tutorial and uploaded a new version here:
>
> https://glazedlists.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?
> folderID=10433&expandFolder=10433&folderID=10433
>
> I restructured the source code such that each chapter source is
> located
> in its own java package. I also generified the code.
> I rewrote the main methods and made minor fixes for compatibility
> with the latest build of GL.
> Included are Eclipse project files, so that you can directly import
> the tutorial
> sources as project and give it a try.
> Feel free to add other IDE project files as well.
>
> I also updated the tutorial text:
> - source code examples are also generified and updated
> - I added missing sections from chapter 4
> - I created a Google Document for the tutorial and embedded it into
> our Google Site
> - updates to the Google Doc will be reflected on the site automatically
>

> The Google Doc can be saved as PDF or HTML file(s) for example.
> I used this feature to include PDF and HTML versions of the tutorial
> in the
> above mentioned download file.
>
> Hope you like it ...
>
> Holger

Re: Tutorial update

Rob Eden
Thanks, Holger. Is there a reason to have it an external doc? Is the
document too complex to be purely on the wiki?

Rob

On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:15 PM, Holger Brands wrote:

> I just updated the zip with the official GL 1.8.0 jar and
> fixed the small compatibility issue (TransformedList.isWritable()).
>
> I also invited you, Jesse and Rob as editor for the tutorial doc.
>
> Holger
>
>> Nice changes Holger.
>>
>> I downloaded the zip, created IDEA project files and run targets for
>> each chapter, and replaced the existing tutorial zip with a new one
>> that is IDEA-ready.
>>
>> I particularly like the chapter organization now.
>>
>> Good idea with the Google Doc too...
>>
>> James
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Holger Brands <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I did a small update to the tutorial and uploaded a new version here:
>>
>> https://glazedlists.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?
>> folderID=10433&expandFolder=10433&folderID=10433
>>
>> I restructured the source code such that each chapter source is
>> located
>> in its own java package. I also generified the code.
>> I rewrote the main methods and made minor fixes for compatibility
>> with the latest build of GL.
>> Included are Eclipse project files, so that you can directly import
>> the tutorial
>> sources as project and give it a try.
>> Feel free to add other IDE project files as well.
>>
>> I also updated the tutorial text:
>> - source code examples are also generified and updated
>> - I added missing sections from chapter 4
>> - I created a Google Document for the tutorial and embedded it into
>> our Google Site
>> - updates to the Google Doc will be reflected on the site
>> automatically
>>

>> The Google Doc can be saved as PDF or HTML file(s) for example.
>> I used this feature to include PDF and HTML versions of the tutorial
>> in the
>> above mentioned download file.
>>
>> Hope you like it ...
>>
>> Holger

Re: Tutorial update

The main reason is, that the Google Doc can be saved as PDF
or HTML file(s).
I used this feature to include PDF and HTML versions of the tutorial
in the tutorial download file.
If you edit and save the Google Doc, the changes are reflected
on the wiki automatically.

Holger

> Thanks, Holger. Is there a reason to have it an external doc? Is the
> document too complex to be purely on the wiki?
>
> Rob
>
> On Jan 28, 2009, at 1:15 PM, Holger Brands wrote:
>
> > I just updated the zip with the official GL 1.8.0 jar and
> > fixed the small compatibility issue (TransformedList.isWritable()).
> >
> > I also invited you, Jesse and Rob as editor for the tutorial doc.
> >
> > Holger
> >
> >> Nice changes Holger.
> >>
> >> I downloaded the zip, created IDEA project files and run targets for
> >> each chapter, and replaced the existing tutorial zip with a new one
> >> that is IDEA-ready.
> >>
> >> I particularly like the chapter organization now.
> >>
> >> Good idea with the Google Doc too...
> >>
> >> James
> >>
> >> On Sun, Jan 18, 2009 at 8:18 AM, Holger Brands <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >> Hey guys,
> >>
> >> I did a small update to the tutorial and uploaded a new version here:
> >>
> >> https://glazedlists.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?
> >> folderID=10433&expandFolder=10433&folderID=10433
> >>
> >> I restructured the source code such that each chapter source is
> >> located
> >> in its own java package. I also generified the code.
> >> I rewrote the main methods and made minor fixes for compatibility
> >> with the latest build of GL.
> >> Included are Eclipse project files, so that you can directly import
> >> the tutorial
> >> sources as project and give it a try.
> >> Feel free to add other IDE project files as well.
> >>
> >> I also updated the tutorial text:
> >> - source code examples are also generified and updated
> >> - I added missing sections from chapter 4
> >> - I created a Google Document for the tutorial and embedded it into
> >> our Google Site
> >> - updates to the Google Doc will be reflected on the site
> >> automatically
> >>

> >> The Google Doc can be saved as PDF or HTML file(s) for example.
> >> I used this feature to include PDF and HTML versions of the tutorial
> >> in the
> >> above mentioned download file.
> >>
> >> Hope you like it ...
> >>
> >> Holger

Re: Tutorial update

Rob Eden
That makes sense. Ok, just curious. Thanks!

Rob