Re: next GL version?

Holger
> So, if James also agrees with dropping JDK 1.4 support in 1.9,
> I'll create a bugfix branch for 1.8.x
> before I go ahead and modify the head version, ok?
>
> Holger

Ok, to formulate it another way:
If nobody will object, I'll go ahead in a little while ;-)

Re: next GL version?

James Lemieux
Holger,

  I think we can probably still create a 1.8.1 branch in CVS "on demand" at a later date if one is required. We've never proactively created a patch fix branch, according to Jesse, and we probably don't need to now.

If an issue does come up, that requires a patch to 1.8, a dev will pull down the 1.8 tagged version from CVS, make the fix, check it in, then tag the result as 1.8.1. The fix will have to be reapplied in head, but there isn't much we can do about that problem.

Sound ok?

James

On Fri, Mar 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Holger Brands <[hidden email]> wrote:
> So, if James also agrees with dropping JDK 1.4 support in 1.9,
> I'll create a bugfix branch for 1.8.x
> before I go ahead and modify the head version, ok?
>
> Holger

Ok, to formulate it another way:
If nobody will object, I'll go ahead in a little while ;-)

Re: next GL version?

Sounds good to me.
I just had CVS sticky tags and such in mind.
But of course it's possible to create a branch from a tag,
something like

cvs tag -b -r glazedlists-1.8.0 glazedlists-1.8.x-bugfix
cvs update -r glazedlists-1.8.x-bugfix

So we can always create a 1.8.1 bugfix, if we have to.

Holger