Taking back the wiki

Kon Soulianidis
Hi,

As an infrequent glazed lists user, I do refer back to the videos and wiki
from time to time.

I know previous posts on the mailing list have looked at reducing the spam
on the wiki but there were some issues with getting someone with the skills
to install a captcha plugin on the wiki.

I went to clean up some spam from the main page the other day but can still
see from the recent changes page that spammers are still making changes to
different pages.

I'd like to continue to clean up more pages on the wiki, but knowing that
spammers will attack again, I'd like to put in place some measures to make
sure users from an unknown IP cant edit pages, and that it isn't so easy to
sign up - perhaps admin validation or having another go at installing the
captcha plugin for Mediawiki.

Just wanted to get an understanding from the team what the opinion was of
the wiki and to whether or not continue to maintain it?  If so, would I be
able to have access to lock the wiki down?

Thanks,

Kon Soulianidis

Re: Taking back the wiki

James Lemieux
Hey Kon,

   Our longterm solution to that spam problem was to abandon our own wiki and use a Google Site (which is working much much better). You can find it here:

http://sites.google.com/site/glazedlists/Home/whats-new/Glazed-Lists-wiki-relaunched-as-Google-site

If we still have a link that points to the old one, let us know which and we'll update it.

James

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 2:19 AM, Kon Soulianidis <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Hi Kon -

A while back we moved the wiki to Google Sites. If you're still
looking at MediaWiki, you should update your bookmark to "sites.google.com/site/glazedlists/
" (note: the link is on the GL main page).

We locked down who can edit the wiki to eliminate the spam, but I
believe we're open to inviting others interested in helping maintain
the wiki to do so. The intention wasn't to reduce collaboration, but
rather to eliminate the spam. So, if you're interested, let us know.

Rob