Unused imports

Bruce Alspaugh-2
I notice when I build Glazed Lists from source, Eclipse gives me lots of
warnings about unused imports.  I can turn that off in the IDE, but then
I don't get warned about my own.  How hard would it be to zap all those?

Bruce

Re: Unused imports

Bruce Alspaugh-2
Hi James,

Much better.  That got rid of lots of warning messages.

I've attached a spreadsheet listing warnings I'm still getting.  Eclipse may be overly picky about type safety.  Perhaps there is an eazy way to zap a bunch of those too?

Bruce

On 9/1/06, James Lemieux <[hidden email]> wrote:
Zapped. Get the latest jars for importy goodness.

James

On 8/31/06, James Lemieux <[hidden email] > wrote:
I can do that for you tonight. Intellij makes it trivial to optimize imports on an entire directory (and thus the entire code base).

James

On 8/31/06, Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]> wrote:
I notice when I build Glazed Lists from source, Eclipse gives me lots of
warnings about unused imports.  I can turn that off in the IDE, but then
I don't get warned about my own.  How hard would it be to zap all those?

Bruce

Warning Messages.xls (35K) Download Attachment

Re: Unused imports

Hey Bruce,

I'm using Eclipse, too.
When I use the Eclipse settings we use at work I get
340 type safety warnings for the Glazed Lists sources and
another 1000 warnings for the test sources.
So Eclipse can be very picky about type safety ;-)
Most of these are about mixing generic with raw types,
but that's no bug problem in most of the cases.
I think we'll remove warnings over time if possible, but that's
not a high priority currently.

Holger

> Hi James,
>
> Much better.  That got rid of lots of warning messages.
>
> I've attached a spreadsheet listing warnings I'm still getting.  Eclipse may be overly picky about type safety.  Perhaps there is an eazy way to zap a bunch of those too?
>

> Bruce
>

> On 9/1/06, James Lemieux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Zapped. Get the latest jars for importy goodness.
>

> James
>

> On 8/31/06,
> James Lemieux <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> I can do that for you tonight. Intellij makes it trivial to optimize imports on an entire directory (and thus the entire code base).
>

> James
>

> On 8/31/06, Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> I notice when I build Glazed Lists from source, Eclipse gives me lots of
> warnings about unused imports.  I can turn that off in the IDE, but then
>
> I don't get warned about my own.  How hard would it be to zap all those?
>
> Bruce

Re: Unused imports

Bruce Alspaugh-2
Hey Holger,

I get about the same number depending on how I configure the IDE preferences, and which extensions and test sources I bring in.  I didn't export all of them because there were so many.  I can set the IDE preference to ignore a lot of them.

Is there anything we can do about the deprecated calls and the unused variables?  There seem to be a lot fewer of those.  See attached spreadsheet for an example of what I am looking at.

Bruce

On 9/3/06, Holger Brands <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey Bruce,

I'm using Eclipse, too.
When I use the Eclipse settings we use at work I get
340 type safety warnings for the Glazed Lists sources and
another 1000 warnings for the test sources.
So Eclipse can be very picky about type safety ;-)
Most of these are about mixing generic with raw types,
but that's no bug problem in most of the cases.
I think we'll remove warnings over time if possible, but that's
not a high priority currently.

Holger

> Hi James,
>
> Much better.  That got rid of lots of warning messages.
>
> I've attached a spreadsheet listing warnings I'm still getting.  Eclipse may be overly picky about type safety.  Perhaps there is an eazy way to zap a bunch of those too?
>

> Bruce
>

> On 9/1/06, James Lemieux <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Zapped. Get the latest jars for importy goodness.
>

> James
>

> On 8/31/06,
> James Lemieux <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
>
> I can do that for you tonight. Intellij makes it trivial to optimize imports on an entire directory (and thus the entire code base).
>

> James
>

> On 8/31/06, Bruce Alspaugh <[hidden email]
> > wrote:
> I notice when I build Glazed Lists from source, Eclipse gives me lots of
> warnings about unused imports.  I can turn that off in the IDE, but then
>
> I don't get warned about my own.  How hard would it be to zap all those?
>
> Bruce

Warnings.xls (16K) Download Attachment

Re: Unused imports

Bruce,

I guess we'll have to live with the deprecations until Glazed Lists 2.0.
I'll cleanup some of the unused warnings soon.

Holger