Use of 'final' in TextComponentMatcherEditor and TextMatcherEditor

Use of 'final' in TextComponentMatcherEditor and TextMatcherEditor

Russell Dodd
This a repost from the 'issues' forum to the 'dev' forum, in the hopes that I will get a response this time!

The use of final for some of the member variables in TextMatcherEditor and TextComponentMatcherEditor stops us being able to dynamically re-assign our JTextField to different tables for filtering purposes (and even create the inital MatcherEditor with no text field assigned). I've made some minor changes to the source to enable this behaviour, and I was wondering if you were interested in incorporating them in the core library?

We currently use multiple Glazed JTables in a tabbed pane, and when we switch between the tabs (and for potential performance reasons) we want the text field to only filter the currently visible tab. I'd be interested to know if there is a different solution to modifying the core library.

Regards,

Russell Dodd

Re: Use of 'final' in TextComponentMatcherEditor and TextMatcherEditor

Russell Dodd
James,

Did you get a chance to look at my changes?

I'm getting some pressure from others here at work to provide our Glazed Lists solution to them, and I was hoping to use the features as provided by my code, but in an official release version.

Thanks,

Rus

James Lemieux wrote