Using glazedlists with a file database.

i30817
Im using lucenesail to index a rtf document, and i've come to the
phase where I'd like to start presenting things. I thought about using
Glazed lists, like i am already using in another part of the program,
to filter list cells.

Since the rdf has about 110000 items, and they aren't in memory
anyway, I'd like to use a minimum limit on queries something like
string.trim() >= 4.
Larger requests wouldn't query the file database again, since then
things would be cached.

Two things have me scratching my head:
1) Where can i put that query limitation. The
TextComponentMatcherEditor has no such fine tuning options. I must
subclass it no?
2) I need somewhere to query and cache. CacheList looks scary, any
tutorial about using it?
3) Should i just delete the cache when the query becomes invalid/incomplete ?

Re: Using glazedlists with a file database.

i30817
Also ChachingList appear to take a eventlist as source. I think this
must by where i query... so is there a abstract implementation of
EventList somewhere?

Re: Using glazedlists with a file database.

i30817
There is :)
The methods i have to implement are E get(int) and int size().

This is problematic as my searches are basically by natural string
(Lucene) and i don't know the size (total or only of the matches
really).

That idea is sunk apparently right?

Re: Using glazedlists with a file database.

i30817
Am doing it with a document listener, but how do i make sure the
document listener is called on the right order (first mine then the
TextComponentFilterator ?