listeners for toggle lists in ListSelection

listeners for toggle lists in ListSelection

Charlie Groves
Hi,

I already needed events to be fired from the toggle lists so I went
ahead and added that this morning.  I got rid of the weird way it was
queuing deselect events to be fired after the select events have been
fired mechanism in ListSelection like Jesse implied in his message.
Seems to work fine.

It'd also be good if someone would check over the way I'm
synchronizing around adding firing events from the toggle lists.
Since it'd be a bad idea to have them lazily instantiated in the
middle of event creation, I hold the getToggle lock the during all of
creating and firing events.  I don't think this is in danger of
deadlocking unless something deeper in glazed lists is holding onto
its own locks since the lock object is private to ListSelection.

Let me know if I've screwed it up and I'll try to set it straight,
Charlie

eventFiringTogglesForListSelection.patch (61K) Download Attachment

Re: listeners for toggle lists in ListSelection

Jesse Wilson
I'm thrilled to see you're taking such an active interest
in this Charles! I'm preoccupied tonight but I'll look over
your code on Saturday morning.

As for the locks, we need to be very careful to use the
same lock for all lists in the same pipeline, otherwise we
risk deadlock. I haven't looked at your patch, but if this
isn't the case either you could revise it or I can fix it up
when I look at it on Saturday.

Again, your help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jesse